The Foundation for Liberty and Justice is very pleased that you have chosen to bring your students to the EJL Legacy Museum and Memorial.
The Foundation is happy to cover the cost of the tickets, the transportation, and the lunch for this field trip. We can either reimburse the school for these expenses or we can pay the vendor directly for the tickets, the transportation, and the food prior to your field trip. Simply follow the steps below and let us know if you have any questions.
It is our moral obligation to give every child the very best education possible.
To organize and schedule your EJI field trip through the Foundation for Liberty and Justice:
- Download and print your grant application first. Complete the application while you proceed through the steps below. Download Application here
- Contact EJI to schedule your field trip to the museum and the memorial. Attach your reservation and quote to your grant application (include date, time, and number of attendees)
EJI website | Group Sales Reservation Request
- Secure transportation. Attach your quote to your grant application.
- Secure lunch. Attach your quote to your grant application. There are many lunch options. If you have a very large group there is a room at the Alabama State House that can accommodate and catering is available. And, if time allows, a tour of the State House and Capital can be arranged. LUNCH OPTIONS this is not an all-inclusive list of options:
- Catered meal at the Alabama State House.
- Buffet lunch at Pannie-George’s Restaurant located at the EJI Museum.
- Lunch on the lawn at the River Front with food from Mamma’s Sack Lunch.
- Mexican food from Jalapeno’s Mexican restaurant in the Downtown Montgomery Alley. There is a court yard that can handle groups.
- Contact Heather Coleman Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org for any help organizing the meal.
- Submit your grant application to The Foundation for Liberty and Justice by mail or by email to email@example.com
- After your field trip submit thank you notes, letters, reports, and pictures to the Foundation. These will be posted on the Foundation website.
We understand that in some cases reimbursement after the trip may be prohibitive. The up-front cost of the field trip can be high, particularly for those traveling from long distances on chartered buses. In these cases you may submit the reimbursement form with the quote from the charter service and we will pay the charter service directly on your behalf ahead of your trip. If there are other expenses that cause concern in planing your field trip we can make arrangements to meet those needs ahead of time. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org discuss those options.
Thank you for providing memories from your field trip. Your photographs will be posted on the Foundation website. Your thank you notes may also be posted. In your summary report please discuss the impact that you think this experience had on your students. We would also welcome writings from students on their field trip experience.
The Foundation is studying the impact of this experience using both quantitative and qualitative measures. Your feedback will greatly impact our study.
If you’d like to submit your application online, click here.